Monday, July 20, 2026

Fun Trip To Las Vegas

 In March, I went on a spur of the moment trip to Las Vegas.  It was so fun!  I thoroughly enjoyed myself.  I went to three shows. Donny Osmond at Harrah’s,  O by Cirque de Soleil at the Bellagio, and Tournament of the Kings at Excalibur.  Over the four days, I stayed at Harrah’s and Excalibur. I would’ve stayed longer, but the food was super expensive.  For example, a bottle of water was $7 and a little cup of yogurt was $6 and a cup of fruit was $10. A hamburger fries and a drink was $38. Anyway, I had to keep going to Walgreens to get more affordable food and water.  And they didn’t have any refrigerators in the hotels so you couldn’t buy a bunch of food and store it in the fridge because there wasn’t one. But you could rent one for $25.  I walked a lot while I was there. I probably got at least 18,000 steps a day. I also went to the pool and cooled off and laid out. I also rode the Big Bus tour bus for $65. It went all around  Las Vegas and even old town Las Vegas. I rode on the top level of the bus. They had a recording that played a narration of the things we were seeing as we drove past. It was very fun, relaxing and informative.  I loved the shows as well. I really want to go back again and see all the shows again and ride the Big Bus tour bus. I sat on the first or second row of the shows. It was fun seeing Donny Osmond. He still dances and sings as if he were a teenager, but I think he is 68 years old. He looked really good. I really liked him when I was a young teenager.  It was so amazing to be several feet away from him after all these years! I couldn’t believe it was really happening.  I’ve seen him and Marie in concert a few times.  Once in Sandy at the outdoor theater and I saw Marie in concert in Orem at the Sera Shell, also an outdoor theater. The show O by Cirque du Soleil was so amazing! It was lots of acrobatics over a pool of water. They would dive down into the water.  It was so amazing and a little bit freaky, but I loved it!  And Tournament of the Kings was so fun. It was set in the medieval time period.  It was horses with their riders jousting with each other, and each section of the arena represented a different country. We had roasted chicken, a roll, butter, little red potatoes and corn on the cob to eat while we watched the show. It was very fun and the food was very yummy. We ate it with our hands because it was like the medieval time and we got an apple fritter for dessert. We had big mugs for our water. I enjoyed myself so much. I hope to go back again soon.  There is so much to see and do there. When I was at the Bellagio, I walked through that pretty area with lots of flowers a river, birds and horses. I also walked the strip a bit and saw the Hershey store, the M&M store, the Coca-Cola store and in New York, New York, I got a really yummy pepperoni, cheese and jalapeño pizza with root beer. It was so good. I also rode the monorail that goes between Mandalay Bay and Excalibur several times so that was fun.  

Also, this past Spring in March and May I went to Arizona for a couple of weeks each time to housesit and dog sit for Lori while they went on their vacations. It was so fun as always.  While I was there in May, Elena graduated from her cosmetology school so I went to her graduation in Scottsdale Arizona. Before the graduation, we stopped at a pizza place that had gourmet pizza. It was so good. Then we went to the graduation. It was about two hours long. It was at a very nice baseball diamond outside. It was a nice evening.  I’m so glad my health allowed me to do these trips. I was so worried that I wouldn’t be able to feel good enough to go, but I took it very slow and things worked out great. 


No comments: