I am back after about two years of not riding my motorcycle. And also it took me about two hours to figure out my email and password to be able to get back into this blog.
I haven’t been riding my motorcycle for a couple of years because I had horrible vertigo that has lasted on and off for two years and then I got Temporal Arteritis, which causes a horrible headache, (which I’m still dealing with but now it’s manageable), and an injured foot that I hurt three times in two months, but now that is better. So I tried riding the other night and I went to start the bike, and the battery was dead. So I looked up a video on YouTube to remind me how to change the battery and went and bought a new battery and installed it. The bike also had no gas in it so I went and bought gas. I had to review how to adjust the mirrors, use the clutch, practice shifting, stopping and starting, review how to work the blinkers, high beams, horn, choke and brakes. I was surprised how well all my skills came back to me. Another problem I had was I had gained weight so my motorcycle gear didn’t fit anymore. So I had to pull together some alternative gear to wear until I can fit into my gear again. The weather is cold now so I had to wear warmer clothes. For now, what I have will do.
While I’ve been sick and injured, I felt a little hopeless like I will probably never ride again, but after riding today, I feel hopeful that I will have many miles ahead of me and fun road trips in the near future. 🏍️😊
Yay!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment